Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cubs lose to the Cardinals 10-3 in St. Louis; Paul Maholm tweets about today's game

The Cubs lost the rubber game against the St. Louis Cardinals 10-3 today.  Paul Maholm had his second start for the Cubs and didn't fare well again.  "Obviously I'd much rather be 2-0 with a zero (earned-run average) right now, but that's not how it is," Maholm said.  "For me, I'm going to learn from it.  It's a long season. I'm going to get it going.  All these guys in here are busting it and expecting to win, and that's how we're going to do it."

Starting pitcher Paul Maholm didn't have a good outing today against the Cardinals (photo from cubs.com)
Maholm was pulled after four innings and gave up six runs and six hits today.  He hasn't had a win since July 10, 2011 and is winless in his last nine starts.

Cubs manager Dale Sveun said, "It wasn't real pretty again.  He's just not keeping the sinker down.  He did get some double-play balls there, but we weren't able to turn them.  The command, making the pitch when he needed to make the pitch, he hasn't been able to do that so far."

Paul Maholm posted some tweets on twitter tonight:

"Yes I had another bad outing. Thanks for reminding me everyone. It happens. We r about to go on a roll. "

"Trust me I am not down at all. 2 starts doesn't make a season. Part of the ride u learn from it and get better. "

"Heading to bed. Thanks to all the support it's awesome. No one is more disappointed than me in the 2 outings but keep working and "

You can follow him on twitter at @paul_maholm.  You can also follow me at @kcburchell, where I tweet mostly about the Cubs and baseball.

The Cubs have an off day tomorrow and will travel to Miami to take on the Marlins on Tuesday at 6:10pm CST, where Ryan Dempster will make his third start.

No comments:

Post a Comment